Search Criteria

 






Key Word Search by:









Organization Type


State or Jurisdiction


Congressional District





help

Division or Office
help

Grants to:


Date Range Start


Date Range End


  • Special Searches




    Product Type


    Media Coverage Type








 


Search Results

Grant number like: PC-50018-06

Permalink for this Search

1
Page size:
 1 items in 1 pages
Award Number Grant ProgramAward RecipientProject TitleAward PeriodApproved Award Total
1
Page size:
 1 items in 1 pages
PC-50018-06Preservation and Access: Grants to Preserve and Create Access to Humanities CollectionsLouisiana Museum FoundationLouisiana State Museum Collections Hurricane Recovery Project HURRICANE KATRINA EMERGENCY GRANT10/1/2005 - 12/31/2006$30,000.00Greg Lambousy   Louisiana Museum FoundationNew OrleansLA70176-2441USA2005U.S. HistoryGrants to Preserve and Create Access to Humanities CollectionsPreservation and Access300000300000

The Louisiana State Museum has 14 facilities in Louisiana, nine of which are in historic buildings in New Orleans' French Quarter. The Old U.S. Mint, built in 1825, lost two thirds of its roof during the hurricane, exposing the collections to water and the threat of mold. The Old Mint housed some 200,000 manuscripts, maps, and documents including such materials as colonial judicial records of the French Superior Council (1714-1769) and the Spanish Judiciary (1769-1803), the papers of colonial governors, and manuscripts documenting Louisiana's antebellum social, economic and political history. Also housed in the Old Mint were the New Orleans Jazz collection, which consists of instruments, photographs, sheet music, and recordings spanning the 20th century, and significant nineteenth- and twentieth-century collections of fine and decorative art, textiles, costumes, and furniture. To save these collections, they are being packed and moved into a temporary climate-controlled facility in Baton Rouge, where they will be examined, stabilized, and stored until the Old Mint is repaired. The collections will be returned to the Old Mint in late 2007, after the completion of repairs to the structure.